There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cool, calm and collected

Hi everyone! I may have been a little MIA, but I'm here now ready to taken on writing, working and life with a different perspective. I have told myself to wake up every day with a better attitude than I have been. It does make me feel a lot better about myself and life in general.

It's not like I was losing grip with my sanity, I was just taking things way too seriously and things weren't fun anymore. I never thought that I would cross a point in my life when I would perceive my writing as some sort of race. That is horrible! I am pacing myself. I am allowing myself to dabble if I want to dabble. If I want to run full force into a crazy few hours writing 5 chapters, then I will. If I don't reach my goals for whatever reason, I now vow to smile, stretch and just do whatever I can for that day.

Who knows? I might even just take things day by day since I haven't been approaching them in a very healthy manner. I want to write because I am passionate and excited about something not because it's written on my calendar, my bathroom mirror, my dry-erase board and a thousand sticky notes on my desk. (lol)

I can understand if I wasn't doing this if my novel was needed by the fall and I was stressing out. Then I should be pushing myself and motivating and working toward that major thing. That's not to say that my every day work isn't as important, I just shouldn't cause my blood pressure to spike if I don't meet the unrealistic bar I have set for myself. I am going to be consistent. Well, try to be!

It's not like I don't care anymore-that's not it at all. I just feel that I am going to do things a little differently. I will write/blog more because I want to get back to my original dream of touching people's lives. That's a beautiful thing.

You guys are beautiful. Just thought I would pass that along.

Cool, calm and collected, I am going to dabble and doodle right now.
See you soon! :D

************************************
Ava Elaine
Writer Extraordinaire
Please comment, click and communicate!
Read my content: http://bit.ly/bQYGXq

1 comments:

Michelle Davidson Argyle said...

It's great to see you around! I think it's good that you at least saw how you were viewing things as a race. I often go so long with that attitude that it creates huge rifts and problems in my life. It's good to notice it early. It happens too often for me, and it's probably one of the most frustrating things about writing for me.

Have fun dabbling!

Post a Comment